Virtual Backpack Guidelines
The Virtual Backpack provides members of the District 159 community with a place to access information that has been submitted from parent groups, non-profit organizations, intergovernmental agencies, service organizations, and business partners for distribution and information purposes. All requests to post information to the Virtual Backpack must be submitted to, and approved by the superintendent. Organizations wishing to post information must submit a PDF flyer to Superintendent Dr. Mark Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flyers must meet the following guideline in order to be approved for posting:
• All information or proposed activities must be appropriate for students. Activities should relate to a school function, or purpose, or relate to an agency that offers appealing recreational options for students.
• Organizations requesting posting must be a non-profit or not-for-profit group based in Mokena or the Lincoln-Way area.
• Distribution of materials for commercial organizations will not be permitted.
• Flyers for fundraisers will only be approved for district organizations in which the proceeds will benefit the students of District 159.
• Materials are posted for informational purposes. The posting of flyers does not imply District 159’s endorsement.
• Flyers that have no specific end date will be posted for 30 days.